The Best Islands for Playing Golf in Fiji
With 333 islands and more than 16 golf courses scattered among them, choosing where to play golf in Fiji is an overwhelming task. We’ll make things a little easier to digest with listing the islands if Fiji that feature golf courses. Then, you can whittle down your options from there!
Quick Tips for Golfing in Fiji
- Dress in appropriate golfing attire at Fiji’s prestigious golf courses. Men must wear golf slacks or shorts with belt loops, collared shirts, golf footwear with socks. For the ladies, golf slacks, culottes, skirts, dresses or shorts must be worn at an acceptable length, tops must have a collar or sleeves, and golfing footwear must be worn
- Most resort courses and club courses have a more relaxed approach when it comes to clothing. However, you will still need pants or a skirt that covers the upper leg to respect the local customs when playing and local golf clubs
- Green fees range from anywhere between free for guests at resorts with a golf course to FJ$40 for city golf courses to around FJ$160 for more premium golf courses like Denarau
- There’s no need to bring your own clubs to Fiji, as all golf courses and clubs have all the gear available to hire or are included in your stay at some resorts. Look out for golf courses with inclusions in the green fee, such as the golf cart that is included in Denarau.
Golf Courses in Viti Levu
Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu, has by far the most choice when it comes to golf courses. Some of the most prestigious courses are located on the big island, such as the Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course. You’ll also find a small selection of resort with their own golf courses, as well as local golf clubs in the island’s largest towns and cities.
Championship Golf Courses
- Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course – 18-hole, Par 72, 7179 yards/6564m. The course on the Coral Coast boasts lush undulating fairways and impressive Polynesian architecture at its clubhouse
- Denarau Golf & Racquet Club – 18-hole, Par 72, 7150 yards/6538m. A significant portion of Denarau Island, connected to Viti Levu by a causeway, the Denarau Golf Club is an attractive course with coconut palm-lined fairways and tee positions for every level
- The Pearl Golf & Country Club – 18-hole, Par 72, 6843 yards/6285m. Set on the Pacific Harbour, The Pearl Golf Club features tropical rainforest, canals, rivers, lily pond and more to negotiate.
Resort Golf Courses
- Novotel Nadi Executive Golf Course – This Nadi golf course offers a short but certainly sweet game to those looking for a challenge set on a steep slope.
- Shangri La’s Fijian Course – Try out this 9-hole course on Yanuca Island connecting to the Coral Coast with the only Tifton Dwarf grass greens found in Fiji.
Local Golf Clubs
- Fiji Golf Club – Based in the capital, Suva, the Fiji Golf Club is a popular course with the locals offering flat fairways with fewer trees to navigate, making it fun for all levels of play.
- Nadi Airport Golf Club – An affordable golf course, albeit neglected, the Nadi Airport Golf Club adjacent to Nadi International Airport.
- Lautoka Golf Club – This 9-hole course north of Nadi is a great place to mingle with the locals and enjoy a relaxing game.
- Ba Golf Club – Another great 9-hole course found on the north coast of Viti Levu.
Learn more about our top picks in the 10 Best Golf Courses in Viti Levu TTD200.
Golf Courses in the Mamanuca & Lomaiviti Islands
Golf courses can be found in the most unlikely places in Fiji, which is certainly the case in the small-island archipelago groups of the Mamanucas and the Lomaivitis. Golf courses here are owned by resorts, which you can enjoy as one of their guests.
Plantation Island Resort
Set on the island of Malolo Lailai in the Mamanuca Islands, the Plantation Island Resort offers a stunning 9-hole island-style course. There are around 2,000 yards of fun to be had, which you can wrap up at the open-air clubhouse bar. Check out more attractions nearby in the 10 Things To Do in the Mamanuca Islands.
Wakaya Club Fiji Resort
A luxury private island resort in the Lomaiviti Islands, the Wakaya Club Fiji Resort features its own golf course. Winding through a coconut grove on the island, the 9-hole pitch n’ putt golf course offers a great challenge for guests staying on the island. Check out more activities in this island group in the 10 Things to Do in the Lomaiviti Islands.
Golf Courses in Vanua Levu
Fiji’s second-largest island, Vanua Levu, also has a small offering of golf courses between its resorts and local golf clubs.
Koro Sun Resort
A 9-hole pitch n’ putt course nestled in tropical rainforest, the Koro Sun Resort offers a fun golf course near Savusavu. Not to be taken too seriously, the golf course winds its way through the forest with Mongoose holes and water hazards as obstacles.
Namale Fiji Resort
Enjoy stunning vistas from the hilltops of this 9-hole golf course at the Namale Fiji Resort also close to Savusavu. The course features a fun challenge hole, while the resort provides all the equipment you’ll need.
Labasa Golf Club
Servicing the golfing needs of the largest town on the island, the Labasa Golf Club is a good place to go for an affordable game with the locals. They host a lot of local competitions.
Check out more activities on the island in the 12 Things to Do on Vanua Levu.
Golf Courses in Taveuni
The “Garden Island” which neighbours Vanua Levu also has one or two options when it comes to golfing in Fiji.
Soqulu Golf & Country Club
The only golf course on the otherwise relatively pristine island of Taveuni, the Soqulu Golf & Country Club is an affordable place to tee off. The course is a 9-hole par-30 course.
An off-shore island of Taveuni, Laucala Island is home to Fiji’s only seven-star resort and, naturally, a full Championship golf course exclusively for guests. The course is set on an established coconut plantation where one of the laneways leads onto the beach, making it tide dependent.
For more ways to enjoy Taveuni, check out the 20 Things to Do in Taveuni.