What Services are Available on the Coral Coast?
Stretching along the southern coast of Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu, the Coral Coast is a hotspot for resorts and tourist attractions. Beaches, river cruises, a national park, waterfalls and villages, they can all be found here, but what about the essential shops and services? Most can be found in the Coral Coast’s main town, Sigatoka, while some services can even be found in the larger resorts. Find out what information, shops and services in the Coral Coast are available in the guide below.
For more about the Coral Coast, check out The Complete Guide to the Coral Coast.
Useful Services for Tourists
- Car rentals – A few car rental companies are based in Sigatoka or offer deliveries to the Coral Coast resorts. See The Best Car Rentals on the Coral Coast for more information
- Restaurants – See the Guide to the Best Eats & Restaurants on the Coral Coast
- Resorts – See the 10 Best Resorts on the Coral Coast
- Public transport – See Public Transport in Fiji.
Food and Groceries
Most of the Coral Coast’s supermarkets can be found in and around Sigatoka, while a few small convenience stores are located in Maui Bay and Korolevu. The Sigatoka Market is the best place to get fresh local produce. Look out for roadside fruit and vegetable stalls too.
Supermarkets on the Coral Coast
- M.H Supermarket, Market Road, Sigatoka
- MamP Shop 2 Save Supermarket, Market Road, Sigatoka
- Shop & Save, Market Road, Sigatoka
- Ba Naidu Supermarket, Queens Road, Sigatoka
- Mau Bay Supermarket, Queens Road, Maui Bay
- Korolevu Shopping Center, Korolevu.
Markets on the Coral Coast
The Sigatoka Market is where you can purchase fresh fruit and vegetables direct from local growers. The market is located on Market Road opposite the bus station. It is open from 7am to 5pm every day except Sundays.
Learn more about food shopping in Fiji in Where to Buy Food in Fiji.
Medication, Toiletries and Pharmaceuticals
While light medications (like painkillers), baby products and toiletries are often sold in supermarkets, other medications and speciality health products are more likely to be found in pharmacies.
Several of the Coral Coast’s pharmacies can be found in Sigatoka, which provide prescription and over-the-counter medications, baby products, sanitary and sunscreens.
- Maui Bay Chemist, Bilmoria Lane
- HyperChem Pharmacy, just off Market Road
- Care Chemist, Market Road.
There is a hospital on the outskirts of Sigatoka, the Koromumu Hospital. It is found off the Queens Road on Sunshine Crescent.
The Coral Coast’s medical centre, Metro Medical Centre, is located on the Queens Road in the H.S.N Building. Clinic hours are 4pm-7pm Monday to Friday and 2pm-4pm Saturday.
Fuel Stations, Banks and Communication
All of your other services, from fuel stations to phone stores, can be found in Sigatoka. Some of the Coral Coast’s larger resorts have some services like WiFi and ATMs.
Fuel Stations on the Coral Coast
All of the Coral Coast’s fuel stations can be found in Sigatoka along the Queens Road.
- Total Sigatoka, Queens Road
- Pacific Energy Sigatoka, Queens Road
- Mobil Service Station, Queens Road.
Phone, Internet and Post Office
For staying in touch, Digicel Fiji and Vodafone Fiji are the main phone carriers in Fiji and both have offices along Market Road in the town centre.
For mail, there are two post offices along the Coral Coast, including:
- Post Office, Lawaqa Road, Sigatoka, 8am-4pm Monday to Friday and 8am-1pm Saturday
- Korolevu Post Office, Queens Road, Korolevu, 8am-4pm Monday to Friday.
WiFi is available in the Coral Resorts and other accommodations. Learn more in our guide on Where to Get WiFi in Fiji.
All of the Coral Coast’s banks can be found in Sigatoka, including:
- ANZ Bank, Market Road
- Westpac Fiji, Sigatoka Valley Road
- Fiji Development Bank, Queens Road
Some of the Coral Coast’s major resorts also have ATMs.