What Services are Available in Lautoka, Ba, Tavua and Rakiraki?
Although the north of Viti Levu, commonly known as the Suncoast, is much less visited, it is actually one of the best-equipped coasts for shops and services. The main service towns include Lautoka, which is Fiji’s second-largest town, as well as Ba, Tavua and Rakiraki. So learn what to expect when road tripping on the Kings Road with this guide to the information, shops and services on the Suncoast.
For more planning tips, head over to The Complete Travel Guide to the Suncoast.
Useful Services for Tourists
- Public transport – See the Suncoast Transport Guide
- Car rental – Car rentals are available in Lautoka, Ba and Tavua
- Accommodation – See the 10 Best Resorts on the Suncoast and 8 Best Budget Accommodation on the Suncoast
- Things to do – See the 10 Must-Dos on the Suncoast
- Visitor information centres – While there isn’t a formal visitor information centre on the Suncoast, you can use the concierge services of your hotel/resort.
Food and Groceries
Self-catering is relatively easy to do along the Suncoast with many of its towns offering a selection of supermarkets. Not to mention, there are convenience stores every few kilometres along the Kings Road. You may also want to shop at the local produce markets for an authentic Fijian experience.
Supermarkets in Lautoka, Ba, Tavua and Volivoli
From large supermarkets in Lautoka to small grocery stores along the Kings Road, it’s not too hard to find groceries on the Suncoast. Some of your options include:
- Extra Supermarket, Tappoo City, Lautoka
- New World, Vakabale, Lautoka
- Superfoods, Sugar City Mall, Lautoka
- MH Supermarket, Naviti Street, Lautoka
- Shop N Save, Yasawa Street, Lautoka
- Bakemaan Hotbread & Groceries, Kings Road, Lautoka
- New World, Market Complex, Ba
- Dimple Minimart, Clapcott Street, Ba
- MH Supermarket, Main Street, Ba
- Shop N Save, Kings Road, Tavua
- Kushla Enterprises, Kings Road (near Golden Point Resort)
- Malake Shop, Kings Road, Volivoli
- D R Patel Supermarket, Kings Road, Volivoli
- Hari Prasad Store, Kings Road, Volivoli.
Learn more about grocery shopping in the Guide to Food Shopping in Fiji.
Markets in Lautoka, Ba and Rakiraki
For fresh fruit and vegetables, head to the produce markets, such as the Lautoka Market on Loma Lane, Ba Market off Rarawai Road, and Rakiraki Market in Vaileka town centre. Alternatively, you’ll see a few stalls selling seasonal produce along the Kings Road.
Medication, Toiletries and Pharmaceuticals
While light medications (like painkillers), baby products and toiletries are often sold in supermarkets on the Suncoast, other medications and speciality health products must be purchased from pharmacies or prescribed from a medical centre or hospital.
Pharmacies in Lautoka, Ba and Rakiraki
The Suncoast is well-equipped with pharmacies, including the following:
- HyperChem Pharmacy, 91 Vitogo Parade, Lautoka
- Thakorlal’s Pharmacy, Vitogo Parade, Lautoka
- Mega Pharmacy, 80 Naviti Street, Lautoka
- Western Medicare Pharmacy, Vakabale, Lautoka
- Priceline Pharmacy Ba, Main Street, Ba
- Pharmatec Fiji Ltd., Main Street, Ba
- Quest Pharmacy, Main Street, Vaileka, Rakiraki.
Medical Centres in Lautoka, Ba, Tavua and Rakiraki
For a doctor’s consultation, medical centres are readily available in the main towns along the Kings Road.
- Lautoka Health Centre, Naviti Street, Lautoka
- Punjas Medical Centre, Naceva Street, Lautoka
- Zens Medical Centre, 15 Drasa Avenue, Lautoka
- Bhagat Medical Clinic, Kings Road, Lautoka
- Puritan Medical Centre, Main Street, Ba
- Wellcare Medical Centre, Main Street, Ba
- Wellcare Medical Centre, Tavua
- Ra Divisional Health Center, Vaileka, Rakiraki.
Hospitals in Lautoka, Ba and Tavua
For more serious medical conditions, hospitals can be found along the Suncoast, the largest being in Lautoka.
- Lautoka Hospital, Hospital Road, Lautoka
- Ba Hospital, Clacott Street, Ba
- Tavua Hospital, Nabuna Road, Tavua.
Fuel Stations, Banks and Communication
The Suncoast has you sorted for fuel, communication services and banking. The main towns offering such services are Lautoka and Ba, with sporadic services also found in Tavua and Rakiraki.
Fuel Stations in Lautoka, Ba, Rakiraki and Volivoli
If you need to fuel up, you have many options between the Lautoka and Rakiraki, including:
- Mobil On the Go, Ajodya Prasad Road, Lautoka
- TotalEnergies Lautoka Service Station, Kings Road, Lautoka
- Lale’s Service Station, Kings Road, Lautoka
- Total City Autoport, 171 Vitogo Parade, Lautoka
- Mobil On the Go, Corner of Vitogo Parade and Namoli Avenue, Lautoka
- Bridgetown Service Station, Kings Road, Ba
- TotalEnergies Ba Service Station, Main Street, Ba
- TotalEnergies Flying Prince Service Station, Kings Road, Rakiraki
- Pacific Service Station, Vaileka, Rakiraki
- Mobil Fuel Up, Kings Road, Volivoli.
Post Offices in Lautoka, Ba and Tavua
For postal services, money transfers, printing services or even to buy collectable stamps, head to one of the post offices in the Suncoast’s main towns:
- Lautoka Post Office, Tavewa Avenue, Lautoka
- Ba Post Office, town centre, Ba
- Tavua Post Office, town centre, Tavua.
Phone, WiFi and Internet
Phone service is available along the coast of the Suncoast but is patchy in the interior of the island. Find out more in the What are the Fiji Phone Networks? There is a Digicel store in Lautoka on the corner of Vidilo Street and Vitogo Parade, as well as a kiosk at the bus station in Ba and in Tavua town. Alternatively, Vodafone stores can be found on Vitogo Parade in Lautoka and Main Street in Ba.
For accessing the internet, seek out internet cafes, such as:
- Tauraus Internet Cafe, Tukani Street, Lautoka
- Xxtreem Internet Cafe, Namoli Avenue, Lautoka
- Mega Net Cafe, 71 Vitogo Parade, Lautoka
- Jeri-cho Internet Cafe, Namoli Avenue, Lautoka
Banks in Lautoka, Ba, Tavua and Rakiraki
It’s easy to get cash out and use bank services along the Suncoast, including at the following banks:
- Westpac, Vitogo Parade, Lautoka
- HFC Bank, 163 Vitogo Parade, Lautoka
- BSP Westfield, 17 Tukani Street, Lautoka
- Bank of Baroda, Vuki Lane, Ba
- ANZ Bank, Main Street, Ba
- Bank of South Pacific, town centre, Ba
- ANZ Tavua, town centre, Tavua
- Fiji Development Bank, Vaileka, Rakiraki.