The Guide to the Cycling Tours in Fiji
Somehow, breathtaking island vistas feel all the more rewarding when you’ve worked for them on a mountain bike! That’s just one of the many positive feelings of doing one of the bike tours in Fiji. Although Fiji’s bike tours are very limited, with only a handful of cycling tours available in Vanua Levu and Taveuni, they are arguably some of the best ways to see these stunning islands while getting off the beaten track. Check out your cycling tour options in the guide below.
Bike Rentals in Fiji
As you’ll see from the guide below, the guided cycling tours in Fiji are limited. If you don’t find a tour to suit, then perhaps take a look at the bike rentals in Fiji for a self-guided adventure. Some of the bike rentals in Fiji include:
- Stinger Bicycles, Nadi
- Wyndham Resort, Denarau
- Bula Bikes, Malolo Lailai and Mana Islands
- Raiwasa Grand Villa, Taveuni
- Taveuni Palms Resort, Taveuni.
For more information, see Where to Rent a Bike in Fiji.
Naveria Heights Lodge
One of the very few accommodations offering their own mountain biking tours in Fiji, Naveria Heights Lodge offers easy rides to full-day excursions on Vanua Levu.
Naveria Heights, near Savusavu, has four guided tours available. Depending on the length of the bike tour you choose, snacks, fruit and lunch are included in the tour.
- Town & Snorkel – A short easy ride from Savusavu to Split Rock where you can enjoy snorkelling at this top snorkelling spot in Fiji
- Spicy Coconut Breeze – A slow-paced three-hour ride from Savusavu, this tour takes you down various dirt roads through coconut groves and alongside a picturesque river. You’ll also visit an organic vanilla and honey farm
- Sandy Trails & Waterfall – A more challenging off-road ride, this excursion takes you uphill up onto a mountain ride with epic views and a fun downhill section. The ride continues further to a waterfall and swimming spot. You’ll return to Savusavu along the beach
- Demons Revenge – Definitely one for the serious mountain biker, the Demons Revenge tour starts in the flats of Fijian villages before an hour uphill slog to the top of a hill with stunning vistas. There will be an opportunity for a swim and a picnic along the way.
Koro Sun Resort
Your alternative mountain bike fix is available at Koro Sun Resort, also near Savusavu in Vanua Levu.
The four-star resort offers a wide range of complimentary activities for guests, including a cycling tour along the Hibiscus Highway. Either hop on a mountain bike or a beach cruiser and join your cycling guide down the easy-going scenic highway of the island. If you prefer, your guide can take you on some more vigorous trails for more of an adventure ride. Either way, you’ll get to experience stunning island scenery with the beach and the Pacific Ocean as your backdrop.
If you have a go-big-or-go-home mantra when it comes to cycling, then consider the 9-day cycle tour with Escape Adventures. The multi-day cycling holiday starts in Labasa in Vanua Levu and ends in Taveuni, covering approximately 250km (155 miles).
Experience the quiet roads of Vanua Levu and Taveuni, passing through authentic villages, winding through rainforest and coconut plantations and cruising along the oceanfront. The adventure includes a mix of hotel stays for a little luxury, as well as village stays for a real cultural experience. All meals are included. There will be a support vehicle to transfer your luggage, as well as lunch, snacks and waters that you’ll need throughout each day. One of the days includes the four-hour Lavena Coastal Walk to a majestic waterfall in Taveuni.