3-Day Family Itinerary for Fiji
Looking for an active 3-day itinerary that’s fun for the whole family? Want to see more than just one resort or town in Fiji? Then this 3-day family itinerary for Fiji might just be the one for you. When travelling as a family, the associated costs of overwater travel are costly. With that in mind, we’ve created a 3-day itinerary that sticks to the main island of Fiji, Viti Levu. That way, it’s easy to get around using a rental car, taxis or resort transfers. This Fiji family itinerary: 3 days gets you to see two different sides of Fiji in a short time: the cultural hub of Nadi and the beach-lined Coral Coast. We also list recommended family resorts and activities so you can plan your trip with ease.
For a more relaxed itinerary with less travel, see What to Do for 3 Days in Fiji on a Family Vacation TI023.
How to Get Around Fiji in 3 Days
The itinerary below is of Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu, which is well-connected with roads. Here are some of your best options for road transport for your 3-day family itinerary.
Renting a Car in Fiji
Giving you the most freedom, renting a car in Fiji is a good way to achieve an active on-the-go trip with ease. Although more expensive than using public transport (see information below), rental cars provide ultimate convenience. Check out The Best Car Rentals in Fiji for recommended car rentals from Nadi.
Taking Public Transport to Travel Fiji in 3 Days
Although express buses are by far your cheapest option to get between Nadi and the Coral Coast, you will be restricted by their timetables, which is not ideal for a 3-day trip. We recommend either taking a taxi or using resort transfers in order to maximise your time in Fiji. Learn more about Public Transport in Fiji here.
For more options for getting to each destination on this itinerary, see:
Day 1 – Nadi
Nadi is your arrival city in Fiji and a bustling tourist hub! With that, there’s a wide range of things to do with children, from ziplining through tropical rainforest to covering yourself in therapeutic mud at the Sabeto Hot Springs – kids love the excuse to get this dirty! If you want to get a taste of the small outer islands of Fiji, then catch a day boat trip from Port Denarau or one of Nadi’s beach resorts. Get more ideas for how to make the most of your time here with The Guide to Nadi for Families.
Things to Do in Nadi with Kids
- Zip through the rainforest and get amazing views on a zipline course
- Splash about at the Big Bula Waterpark (more info on Viator and Tripadvisor)
- Get muddy, relax and get a cultural experience at the hot pools at the Sabeto Hot Springs
- Enjoy the short walks at the verdant Garden of the Sleeping Giant
- Do an island day cruise to the Mamanuca Islands – check out 10 Best Day Cruises in Fiji for details.
For more information on each activity, as well as more recommendations, see 10 Things to Do in Nadi with Kids.
Family Accommodation in Nadi
- Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay (kids club available)
- First Landing Resort (kids club available)
- DoubleTree Resort by Hilton – Sonaisali Island (kids club available)
- Club Fiji Resort
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach
- Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
- Anchorage Beach Resort
For more information on our top picks, see 10 Best Family Resorts in Nadi.
Day 2 – Nadi to the Coral Coast
Drive time: 1-2 hours depending on which resort you choose
It’s now time to see some of those dreamy beaches that Fiji is famous for! Head on the road to the Coral Coast, a superb holiday region for families thanks to the array of resorts with family-friendly activities and kids’ clubs. There’s a wide range of exciting activities for all types of families, whether you want to experience adventure on a jet boat tour to Fiji’s breathtaking interior, educate yourself at the Kula Wild Adventure Park, or relax at one of the fabulous resorts.
Things to Do on the Coral Coast with Kids
- See unique wildlife, play on the waterslides and ride the ziprails at the Kula Wild Adventure Park (more info on Viator and Tripadvisor)
- Go horseback riding along Natadola Beach
- Join Sigatoka River Safaris for a jet boat excursion into the heart of Fiji (on Viator and Tripadvisor)
- Treat the kids to a PADI Bubblemaker scuba diving lesson (8 years+), while you enjoy a dive trip of your own
- Do a glass-blowing workshop at Hot Glass Fiji.
And much more! See 10 Things to Do on the Coral Coast with Kids for more inspiration.
Family Accommodation on the Coral Coast
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa (kids club available)
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort (kids club available)
- The Naviti Resort (kids club available)
- The Warwick Fiji (kids club available)
- Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa (kids club available)
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa (kids club available)
- Gecko’s Resort
- Blue West Villas
- Coral Coast Beachfront Villa (holiday home)
Learn more about our suggested resorts in 10 Best Family-Friendly Resorts on the Coral Coast.
Day 3 – Coral Coast to Nadi
Drive time: 1-2 hours depending on which resort you choose
This is the point where you realise that you should have stayed in Fiji longer. At least you have got a small taste of what these beautiful islands are all about – just next time, give yourself more time to explore the outer islands! To make your way back to Nadi International Airport, resorts can organise personalised transfers. Otherwise, see 5 Ways to Get to the Coral Coast for more information on how to get between Nadi International Airport and the Coral Coast.
More Advice on a Fiji Family Itinerary
- Fiji Family Itinerary: 5 Days
- 29 Essential Tips for Travelling to Fiji With Children
- 5 Best Environmentally-Friendly Sunscreen for Kids and Babies
That’s it for the Fiji family itinerary for 3 days / a weekend. Get even more trip ideas from The Best Fiji Itineraries for a Weekend.