3-Day Foodie Itinerary for Viti Levu, Fiji
For those who love to experience a culture through its gastronomic experiences and, of course, sample fabulous food, then this “Fiji Foodie Itinerary: 3 Days” is for you. This Fiji itinerary conveniently begins and ends in Nadi, Fiji’s arrival city, and takes you along some of Viti Levu’s most stunning coastline on the Coral Coast. Because of the limited time, you will need to backtrack to Nadi.
In this 3-day Fiji itinerary, we guide you through the food-related experiences, as well as the resorts with either self-catering facilities or fabulous restaurants. Note that this itinerary is for foodies who want to be on the move during their 3 days in Fiji. For a more relaxed itinerary staying in one place, see How to Spend 3 Days on a Foodie Vacation in Fiji TI025. Plus, be sure to bookmark The Complete Guide to Food in Fiji, which has even more advice.
How to Get Around Fiji in 3 Days
The three-day foodie itinerary solely involves travel over land on Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu. Here is a quick rundown of how to get around Fiji on a three-day road trip.
Road Transport in Fiji
Viti Levu has a good network of roads, especially on this itinerary where the road between Nadi and the Coral Coast is sealed. Car rentals are readily available at Nadi International Airport – see The Best Car Rentals in Fiji. Alternatively, this itinerary can be achieved through public transport such as buses and taxis. Find out more about the transport to each destination in the following articles:
Day 1 – Nadi
Welcome to Nadi, Fiji’s arrival city and a foodie’s paradise! Even on a three-day trip, don’t leave this bustling city too quickly as it’s one of the best places to experience the cuisine through food-related activities. Start tasting Fiji’s cuisine through our recommendations in our Nadi Restaurant Guide, or even learn how to create Fijian dishes for yourself at the Flavours of Fiji cooking school (more info on Viator and Tripadvisor). Additionally, check out one of the vibrant produce markets in Nadi city centre or in the suburb of Namaka. Check out more ideas on what to do in Nadi in the list below or head over to The Foodie Guide to Nadi.
Accommodation in Nadi for Foodies
Self-catering accommodation in Nadi:
- Ramada by Wyndham Wailoaloa Beach
- Ratsun Nadi Airport Apartment Hotel
- Anchorage Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Sapphire Bay Fiji
Accommodation with good restaurants:
- Fiji Marriott Hotel Momi Bay
- Fiji DoubleTree Resort by Hilton – Sonaisali Island
- Tanoa International Restaurant
- Club Fiji Resort
- Landers Bay Resort & Spa
For more information about each of these accommodations, check out 10 Accommodation in Nadi for Foodies.
Things to Do in Nadi for Foodies
- Mingle with locals at the Nadi produce markets
- Take a Fijian or Indo-Fijian cooking class with Flavours of Fiji (on Viator and Tripadvisor)
- Try a Fijian lovo, a traditional earth oven feast, at one of the resorts
- Sample some Indo-Fijian curries at the Nadi curry houses
- Try some Fijian-style cuisine at one of the Nadi restaurants – see suggestions in Guide to the Best Eats & Restaurants in Nadi.
Check out our 10 Things to Do in Nadi for Foodies for more information on each activity and more ideas!
Day 2 – Nadi to the Coral Coast
Travel time: 1-2 hours depending on where you stay
Now it’s time to get out of the city and start travelling along some of the mainland’s most picturesque coastline. The Coral Coast boasts spectacular beaches, many of which are backed by resorts offering a range of food-related experiences, as well as restaurants. In contrast, the Sigatoka River provides access to remote inland villages where your foodie experiences are all the more cultural. Boat tours, such as Sigatoka River Safari, allow you to meet villagers, partake in a traditional “kava ceremony”, and be treated to a Fijian lunch (more info on Viator and Tripadvisor). Alternatively, catch a cultural dinner show, complete with “Meke” dancing and a “lovo” feast, on Likuri Island Resort or at Gecko’s Resort – both open for day-trippers.
Accommodation on the Coral Coast for Foodies
Self-catering accommodation on the Coral Coast:
- Blue West Villas
- Shalini Garden Hotel & Apartments
- Sea Winds Villa (holiday home)
Accommodation with good restaurants:
- The Warwick Fiji
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
- Gecko’s Resort
- Wellesley Resort Fiji
- The Naviti Resort
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- The Beachhouse
- Fiji Hideaway Resort
- Likuri Island Resort
For more information on our recommendations, check out our 10 Best Accommodation on the Coral Coast for Foodies.
Things to Do on the Coral Coast for Foodies
- Indulge in a Fijian lovo feast (seriously, it’s a foodie must-do)
- Have lunch and kava in a Fijian village with Sigatoka River Safari (more info on Viator and Tripadvisor)
- Join a Fijian tropical garden tour at the Wellesley Resort
- Enjoy cultural entertainment and food at a resort’s cultural dinner show
- Spoil yourself to some fine dining at Ivi and Navo – check out more recommendations in Guide to the Best Eats & Restaurants on the Coral Coast
For more information on each activity, take a look at our 10 Things to Do on the Coral Coast for Foodies. For more advice, see The Foodie Guide to the Coral Coast.
Day 3 – Coral Coast to Nadi International Airport
Travel time: 1-2 hours depending on where you stayed
This is the moment when you realise that you should have stayed in Fiji way longer! Nevertheless, on your way back to Nadi International Airport, you’ll have the opportunity to check out anything that you might have missed over the last couple of days, as you will be backtracking through areas already visited. Then you’ll be able to catch your flight out of Fiji at Nadi International Airport.
More Advice for a Fiji Foodie Itinerary for 3 Days
- 10 Unique Foods in Fiji You Have to Try
- Fiji Adult-Only Itinerary: 3 Days
- What to Do for 3 Days in Fiji on a Budget
That’s it for the Fiji foodie itinerary for 3 days / a weekend. Get even more trip ideas from The Best Fiji Itineraries for a Weekend.