Fiji Golf: Your Guide to Golfing in Paradise
The long sandy beaches, warm weather, laidback lifestyle and… the golf! Yes, there are many reasons to visit the South Pacific islands of Fiji and the golf is certainly right there on top! 14 brilliant golf courses are scattered across the islands, three of which are championship courses. Not only are you in paradise in Fiji; you’re in a golfer’s paradise. In this guide to golf in Fiji, you’ll get an idea of what golf courses to spend some much-deserved tee time. Soon you’ll discover how the country has produced some of the world’s top golfers like Vijay Singh. So whether you’re looking for a casual game with friends or looking for your next challenge, there is a golf course in Fiji waiting for you.
And we’re just getting started. If you want to learn more about golf in Fiji, take a look at the Most Luxurious Golf Courses in Fiji.
4 Tips for Playing a Fiji Golf Course
- Dress correctly for prestigious golf courses. Men must wear golf slacks or shorts with belt loops, collared shirts, golf footwear with socks. For the ladies, golf slacks, culottes, skirts, dresses or shorts must be worn at an acceptable length, tops must have a collar or sleeves, and golfing footwear must be worn.
- Most resort courses and 9-hole courses have a more relaxed approach when it comes to attire. However, you will still need pants or a skirt that covers the upper leg.
- Green fees range from anywhere between free for guests at resorts with a golf course to FJ$40 for city golf courses to around FJ$160 for more premium golf courses like Denarau.
- Golf clubs and other gear you may need will be available to hire at almost all golf courses in Fiji. Look out for golf courses with inclusions in the green fee, such as the golf cart that is included in Denarau.
Championship Golf Courses in Fiji
Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu, is where you’ll find a world-class golfing experience. You have three excellent 18-hole, 72-par championship courses to choose from.
Natadola Bay Championship Golf Course
18-hole, Par 72, 7179 yards/6564m
Hosting the annual Fiji International, Natadola Bay boasts a fair course while challenging even the most elite players. The dramatic landscape of undulating pastures and beachfront will certainly test your concentration. Natadola Bay is located on the Coral Coast of Viti Levu, nearby a wealth of spectacular resorts (see 10 Best Resorts on the Coral Coast for more details). Note that players will need to abide by dress regulations.
Denarau Golf & Racquet Club
18-hole, Par 72, 7150 yards/6538m
Ideally located in the resort precinct of Denarau Island, Denarau Golf Club features outstanding views, resort-style play and tee positions for every ability. You have a variety of challenges and obstacles to face from water to treelined fairways. The longest hole is 570 yards/521m, while the shortest is 170 yards/155m. Needless to say, it’s a fantastic way to spend a day in Denarau.
The Pearl Golf & Country Club
18-hole, Par 72, 6843 yards/6285m
Set on the Pacific Harbour, The Pearl Golf & Country Club offers a challenge through the most stunning of environments. Among the tropical rainforest, you’ll need to play past rivers, deep bunkers, water lily ponds and winding canals. After all the fun is done, relax in the clubhouse with exquisite food and drink, as well as a swimming pool and more.
Other Golf Courses on Viti Levu
A wide range of fun golf courses can be found across Fiji’s main island.
Resort Golf Courses
- Novotel Nadi Executive Golf Course – This Nadi golf course offers a short but certainly sweet game to those looking for a challenge set on a steep slope.
- Shangri La‘s Fijian Course – Try out this 9-hole course on Yanuca Island connecting to the Coral Coast with the only Tifton Dwarf grass greens found in Fiji.
See more of the 9 Best Golf Resorts in Fiji.
Local Golf Clubs
- Fiji Golf Club – Based in Fiji’s capital, Suva, the Fiji Golf Club is a popular course with the locals offering flat fairways with fewer trees to navigate, making it fun for all levels of play.
- Nadi Airport Golf Club – Got time for a game before leaving Fiji? Head to the Nadi Airport Golf Club adjacent to Nadi International Airport.
- Lautoka Golf Club – This 9-hole course north of Nadi is a great place to mingle with the locals and enjoy a relaxing game – no need to stress about your attire.
- Ba Golf Club – Another great 9-hole course found on the north coast of Viti Levu.
Find out more about these golf courses in our Best Golf Courses in Fiji.
Golf Courses on the Outer Fiji Islands
If you’re more of the type of traveller who loves to get off the beaten track or want to get more of that “island” feel with your vacation, then hitting one of the outer-island golf courses is to way to go. While the outer islands might not offer the longest of courses, there’s so much to do on the islands that you’ll be glad for the spare time anyway.
Golf Courses on Vanua Levu
Fiji’s second-largest island is home to gorgeous golf courses such as:
- Koro Sun Resort Golf Course – Guests at the Koro Sun Resort get free access to this stunning resort golf course. 9-hole golf course set among beautiful rainforest.
- Namale Fiji Resort – Enjoy attractive vistas atop the bluffs of this 9-hole resort course.
- Labasa Golf Club – This 9-hole course is popular with locals and holds plenty of local competitions.
While you’re on the island, don’t miss these 12 Things to Do on Vanua Levu.
Golf Courses on Taveuni
Fiji’s “Garden Island” promises a breathtaking landscape for playing golf. Although your options are limited here, they’re experiences you will never forget.
- Laucala Island – Just off Taveuni, you’ll be lucky to get to this resort golf course among the lush tropical rainforest of this private island. The golf course is only open to the guests of its 7-star resort. Nevertheless, it might be worth the special trip to play at Fiji’s secret 18-hole par 72 championship course.
- Soqulu Golf & Country Club – On the main island of Taveuni, this is your sole option but a great one at that. Green fees are affordable at around FJ$40 for a game on this 9-hole par 30 course.
Take a look at our 20 Things to Do on Taveuni for more activity inspiration.
Golf Courses in the Mamanuca and Lomaiviti Islands
Head to these small islands packed with character if you want to experience more golfing in paradise: