A Guide to the Fiji Travel Cost
Can you afford to go to Fiji? Everyone’s idea of a dream Fiji getaway is slightly different, from backpacking the country and staying with locals to luxurious island resort getaways. Because we often get the question, “what is the cost of travelling in Fiji?”, we thought we’d put this guide together of the typical prices in Fiji. That way, you can make your own judgement on your budget based on the prices that will apply to your trip. Note that prices are approximate to give you an idea of typical costs. You may experience different prices when you get to Fiji.
Before we jump into the cost of a trip to Fiji, don’t forget to bookmark The Complete Travel Guide to Fiji on a Budget. Trust us, there’s a lot of useful tips in there!
How Much Does a Trip to Fiji Cost: Budgets for Travelling Fiji
We can’t stress enough how everyone’s budget will be different for a trip to Fiji. That’s why we strongly encourage you to look at the prices in the below guide to determine what prices apply to your trip so that you can budget more accurately. Nevertheless, because we know that many of you like the average cost for a trip to Fiji, here is an example of a Fiji travel budget.
Here are a few averages for a daily budget for Fiji. This includes accommodation, food, transport and takes into account that you might do one activity each day. This does not include flights or anything else not previously mentioned. Each price is per person per day.
- Budget daily budget: FJ$250
- Mid-range daily budget: FJ$500
- Luxury daily budget: FJ$750+
How much does it cost to go to Fiji for one week?
Budget trip – FJ$1,750, Mid-range trip – FJ$3,500, Luxury trip – FJ$5,250.
How much does it cost to go to Fiji for 10 days?
Budget trip – FJ$2,500, Mid-range trip – FJ$5,000, Luxury trip – FJ$7,500.
How much does it cost to go to Fiji for two weeks?
Budget trip – FJ$3,500, Mid-range trip – FJ$7,000, Luxury trip – FJ$10,500.
Typical Costs Before You Arrive in Fiji
There are a few things to think about purchasing in preparation for your trip, from the essential flight ticket to the optional travel insurance. Because travellers to Fiji are coming from New Zealand, Australia, North America, Europe and beyond, it would be inappropriate to give an average flight cost here. However, you can head over to How to Book a Cheap Flight to Fiji for advice.
Note that most tourists will not need to pay for a visa to enter Fiji. Find out more in Do You Need a Visa to Visit Fiji?
Finally, you might want to consider making a few purchases for your Fiji wardrobe, as well as get essential gear like sunscreen or reef shoes if you’re heading out to the islands. Check out The Complete Packing List for Fiji for more advice.
The Cost of Accommodation in Fiji
Accommodation is available in Fiji to suit a range of budgets. Unlike elsewhere in the world, accommodation tends to be more than just a bed for the night, but a complete experience. Accommodation sets the tone for the type of landscape, activities and holiday you’ll be experiencing. It’s best to book accommodation before you arrive in Fiji, as rooms are booked up quickly, especially in the Fiji dry season, and for peace of mind.
Here are your typical accommodation costs in Fiji. Note that these prices do not include any compulsory meal plans that might be offered at some remote island resorts.
The Cost of Food in Fiji
Food prices vary drastically between town and city eateries and what’s available at island resorts. Self-catering is an option on islands like Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, while those staying at island resorts often will only have the choice to eat at the resort.
Resort and Restaurant Food Prices
- Indian & Chinese restaurant mains – FJ$6-$15
- Restaurant mains – FJ$20-$30
- Restaurant breakfast meals – FJ$6-$15
- Resort breakfasts – Free
- Resort lunch meals – FJ$16-$25
- Resort restaurant mains – FJ$25-$70
- Resort meal plans/day – FJ$58-$250
Restaurant Drink Prices
- Bottle of water – FJ$1.60-$4
- Bottle of wine – FJ$15-$30
- Pint of beer – FJ$4-$8
- Cocktail – FJ$10.50-$30
Supermarket Food Prices
- Milk (1 litre/35 ounces) – FJ$2.90-$3.90
- A loaf of bread – FJ$1.20-$1.60
- Rice (1kg/2.2 pounds) – FJ$1.50-$2.30
- Pasta (500g/1.1 pounds) – FJ$7.49-$8
- 12 eggs – FJ$5.50
- Cheese (1kg/2.2pounds) – FJ$21
- Bottled water (1.5l/53 ounces) – FJ$3
- Chicken breast (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$21
- Beef (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$23
- Bananas (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$4
- Tomato (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$10
- Onion (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$2.50
- Pack of cookies/biscuit snacks (200g/7 ounces) – FJ$2.40
- Soft drink (600ml) – FJ$2.10-$3.10
- Beer (750ml) – FJ$4.75-$5
- Wine – FJ$15-$30
- RTD (440ml) – FJ$2.60-$5
- Coffee granules (50g) – FJ$4.90-$10
- Tea Bags (50 bags) – FJ$3.75-$5
Produce Market Food Prices
- Mangos (3) – FJ$2-$4
- Pawpaw/papaya (3) – FJ$2-$4
- Cucumber (3) – FJ$2-$4
- Pineapple (1) – FJ$2-$3
- Bananas (1 bunch) – FJ$1-$5
- Coconuts (3) – FJ$2
- Lettuce – FJ$2
- Tomatoes (8-10 small ones) – FJ$1-$5
- Taro (1 bunch) – FJ$1
Learn more about food prices in Fiji in What is the Cost of Food in Fiji?
The Cost of Tours and Activities in Fiji
A large part of your budget once you arrive in Fiji will be your activities. Note that many resorts offer a choice of free activities, typically use of non-motorised watersports equipment, island walks and some cultural lessons. For those looking to do a little more, however, here are some typical prices for activities in Fiji.
Water Tour and Activity Prices
- Day cruise – FJ$150-$250
- Swim with sharks – FJ$200-$250
- Shared half-day fishing charter – FJ$360-$500
- Snorkel tour – FJ$70-$120
- Two tank scuba dive – FJ$280-$320
Adventure Activity Prices
- River tubing – FJ$190
- Cultural night tour – FJ$160
- Beach horse riding – FJ$190
- Half-day zipline tour (transfer included) – FJ$260
- Jet boat safari – FJ$280
- Skydive – FJ$850
Land Activity Prices
- Mud pool tour (transfer included) – FJ$180
- Nadi city tour – FJ$90-$110
- Cooking class – FJ$190
- Cultural village tour (transfer included) – FJ$225
- Kula Eco Park admission – FJ$50
Luxury Activity Prices
Need inspiration for activities and tours? You need a little of our 101 Things to Do in Fiji in your life!
The Cost of Transport in Fiji
From road transport to ferries to flights, there are many ways to get around Fiji. Whether you’re looking for something luxurious or frugal, costs greatly vary depending on how far you travel. Check out our Fiji Transport Guide as a starting point for researching all of the different ways to travel around Fiji.
Boat and Ferry Prices
- Ferries to the Mamanuca/Yasawa Islands (one way) – FJ$80-$135
- Water taxis to the Mamanuca/Yasawa Islands (one way) – FJ$575-$9,618
- Cargo ferries to other outer islands (one way) – FJ$25-68
Get more prices in How Much Do Water Taxis & Ferries Cost in Fiji?
Domestic Flight Prices
- Flights to outer islands (one way) – FJ$92-$600
See more typical flight prices in How Much Does it Cost to Fly in Fiji?
Road Transport Prices
- Public buses – FJ$1-$5
- Express buses (Nadi to Suva) – FJ$20-$30
- Multi-day tour bus – FJ$780
- Private resort transfer – FJ$50-$200
- Car rental/day – FJ$180
- Private taxi driver/day – FJ$150
- Taxi (20 minutes) – FJ$30
Learn more about road transport prices in: How Much Does a Nadi Airport Taxi Cost?, Taxi Prices in Fiji: The Costs You Need to Know, How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Car in Fiji? and How Much Does it Cost to Travel Fiji by Bus?
More About the Cost of Travelling in Fiji
That’s it for the guide to the cost of travelling in Fiji but by no means the end of our Fiji budget advice. Check out the following guides for more tips:
- 17 Ways to Save Money When Travelling in Fiji
- Guide to Food Shopping in Fiji
- Fiji Tax Guide for Travellers
Finally, plan more of your trip with the following itinerary compilations: The Best Fiji Itineraries for 2 Weeks, The Best Fiji Itineraries for 1 Week, The Best Fiji Itineraries for 5 Days and The Best Fiji Itineraries for a Weekend.