Where to Find Wellness Retreats in Fiji
Escape the stresses of modern-day life and connect with yourself through one of the rejuvenating wellness retreats in Fiji. From yoga to surf retreats, there are several different themed retreats that will get you back to bossing life in no time. But where exactly are the wellness retreats in Fiji? We go over the island groups and resorts to look out for when planning your Fiji wellness retreat.
Where to Find Wellness Retreats in Fiji
Fiji is a pretty huge archipelago of 333 islands, so simply choosing a “retreat in Fiji” can be an overwhelming experience. We recommend narrowing down your search for retreats by choosing an island group that has regular retreats, as well as piques your interest.
Wellness Retreats in Viti Levu
Viti Levu is the largest island in Fiji and the arrival island for international flights. If you want to remove the stress and expense of overwater travel, this island is a good place to investigate further. Viti Levu certainly has no lack of retreats, with luxury resorts in Denarau hosting regular retreats, as well as resorts along the Coral Coast offering a mix of yoga and surf retreats. Learn more about these regions in The Complete Guide to Denarau Island and The Complete Guide to the Coral Coast.
Wellness Retreats in Vanua Levu
Vanua Levu is Fiji’s second-largest island but much less visited, making it the ideal destination for tranquillity. Much of the island is covered in lush tropical forest and coconut plantations, making it a scene to connect with nature. A few of the accommodations around Savusavu not only host regular wellness retreats but also have their own wellness and health programs. Check out The Complete Guide to Vanua Levu to learn more about the island.
Wellness Retreats in the Lomaiviti Islands
If looking for a small island retreat, a resort in the Lomaiviti Islands just off the coast of Suva offers wellness retreats. The islands are also known for their colonial history, reefs and turtle conservation. Learn more in The Complete Guide to the Lomaiviti Islands.
The Best Resorts for Retreats in Fiji
Some resorts in Fiji shine above the rest when it comes to retreats. Throughout the year, they have a vibrant retreats calendar where the latest scheduled retreats can be found on their websites or through wellness retreat companies.
Wellness Resorts in Viti Levu
- The Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa – The resort of the Coral Coast hosts the Belinda Anderson 5-Night Women’s Wellness Retreat each year
- Matanivusi Beach Eco Resort – Primarily a surf resort on the Pacific Harbour, Matanivusi has an indoor and outdoor yoga space where regular retreats are held
- Endless Summer Fiji – Hosts yoga and surf camps from their 24-bure surf resort on the Coral Coast
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – With one of the largest spas in Fiji, The Westin Denarau plays regular host to a variety of wellness retreats.
Wellness Resorts in Vanua Levu
- Koro Sun Resort – A top resort for a huge variety of retreats each year
- Daku Resort – The resort offers in-house yoga retreats regularly all year long
- Naveria Heights Lodge – Although not a host for retreat, Naveria Heights offers their own detox programs and active escapes.
Wellness Resorts in the Lomaiviti Islands
- Toberua Private Island – The island resort has a gym and massage bure, making it a popular venue for retreats.
What Can You Expect from a Wellness Retreat in Fiji?
What’s on the agenda for wellness retreats in Fiji? Well, each retreat has a mix of common features, as well as something unique. Retreats in Fiji typically include the following:
- Some meals
- Daily yoga classes
- Ground transfers (transport)
- Use of resort facilities
- Day trips to islands/waterfalls
Some retreats also offer unique features depending on the theme of their retreat, including some of the following:
- Daily surf lessons
- Stand-up paddleboard lesson
- Mindfulness and meditation practices
- Welcome drinks
- Wellness seminars
- Vocal classes
- Retreat goody bag
More About Wellness Retreats in Fiji
- 10 Glorious Ways to Relax in Fiji
- 10 Best Spas in Fiji
- Where to Experience a Real Fijian Massage in Fiji