Boat Trips in Fiji
With 333 islands and countless rivers across the larger islands, the water practically acts like a highway in Fiji! With that in mind, the best scenery, whether it be the scattered islands and coral reefs or the dramatic river canyons, is best seen by a boat tour. Fiji offers a huge range of boat tours, including island day trips, island-hopping tours, river excursions and activity or wildlife-related boat tours. Check out some of our top recommendations in our lists of the best boat tours in Fiji!
Quick Tips for Taking a Boat Tour in Fiji
- Remember to pack seasickness tablets if you’re not used to being on the water – check out more medication to pack for Fiji here
- Always check what’s included in the tour, as some island day trips, for example, take you to islands where you have to pay for activities
- Check out the deals tab on websites like Viator for some of the latest deals on boat trips – see more tips like this in How to Get the Best Deals on Tours in Fiji
- Most independent boat tours operate from Viti Levu (Fiji’s main island). If you’re looking for boat tours from the outer islands, it’s best to see what activities the resorts are offering! Check out our Resorts Category to browse resorts.
Fiji Island Day Trips
Fiji is a nation of 333 islands, so many of the boat tours in Fiji offer visitors a chance to spend a day on idyllic islands to enjoy at leisure. Most of the time, the islands that boat tours go to have a resort offering day-trippers free use of non-motorised watersports equipment, like snorkelling gear and kayaks. There is also often a bar and restaurant, gorgeous beaches and a pool to lounge by. Other cruises have day trips to their own private islands, often met with traditional Fijian Kava Ceremonies and a “Lovo” or Fijian barbecue lunch.
The Best Island Day Trips in Fiji
Almost all of the independent day trips in Fiji take part in the Mamanuca Islands and the Yasawa Islands. Take a look at some of our recommended day trip boat tours in the list below!
- Savala Island Cay Cruise with Oolala Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Yanuca Island Excursion with Pacific Harbour Ocean & Island Excursions – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Tivua Island Cruise with Captain Cook Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Snorkel Island Cruise with Whale’s Tale Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Honeymoon Island Cruise with Vacala Bay Resort
- Serenity Island Private Day Tour with PJ’s Sailing Adventures – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Kuata Island Day Cruise with South Sea Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Castaway Island Day Cruises with South Sea Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
- South Sea Island Day Cruise with South Sea Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Mana Island Day Cruise with South Sea Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
For more information on each island day trip, take a look at the 10 Best Island Day Trips in Fiji!
Fiji Island-Hopping Boat Tours
Want to see more than just one island? While multi-day island hopping is pretty easy in Fiji thanks to plane and ferry transport, there’s also the opportunity to explore the islands of the Mamanuca Islands in a single day! Jump on one of Fiji’s island-hopping boat trips to visit uninhabited islands, stop by an island resort for lunch, and hit some amazing snorkelling spots.
The Best Island-Hopping Cruises in Fiji
If you enjoy being out on the water, seeing a few different islands along the way, then check out these island-hopping boat tours in Fiji.
- Fijian Day Cruise with Cruisin Fiji – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Mamanuca Islands Cruise with Coral Cats – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Seaspray Day Adventure with South Sea Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Drua Experience with Rosie Living – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Hop-On Hop-Off Pass with Awesome Adventures – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Four-Night Yasawa Islands Cruise with Captain Cook Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Four-Day Sightseeing Cruise with Blue Lagoon Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
For more information on each day tour and multi-day cruise, see the 9 Best Island-Hopping Cruises in Fiji. You might also be interested in the 8 Best Sailing Tours in Fiji.
Fiji River Boat Tours
There you were thinking that Fiji was all about the South Pacific Ocean! Fiji’s largest island, Viti Levu, is also home to some majestic rivers, some of which can be explored by a boat tour. Fiji’s rivers take travellers to see a completely different side to Fiji, visiting remote Fijian villages, stopping by waterfalls and checking out some magnificent river gorge scenery. Rivers can be accessed on cruises via motorboats, long boats and even thrilling jet boats!
The Best River Cruises in Fiji
Check out some of the best river cruises available in Fiji in the list below!
- Sigatoka River Cruise with Coastal Inland Tours – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Navua River Jet Boat Tour with Discover Fiji Tours – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Sigatoka River Jet Boat Tour with Sigatoka River Safari – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Navua River Tubing with River Tubing Fiji – Viator/Tripadvisor
For more information and our take on each tour, check out the 5 Best River Cruises in Fiji. You might also be interested in The Best Jet Boat Tours in Fiji.
Wildlife and Activity Boat Tours
Finally, boats are a vital way of getting around in Fiji, so even some of the country’s most popular activities include a boat tour. For instance, dolphin cruises, scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing and even a day on a floating bar all include experiencing Fiji on a boat. So if you want to combine your Fiji boat tour with an awesome activity, the tours listed below are an excellent way to do it!
The Best Wildlife and Activity Cruises in Fiji
Check out some of the top boat-meets-activity experiences across the islands of Fiji…
- Dolphin Cruise with Savasi Island Resort
- Snorkel with Sharks Tour with South Sea Cruises – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Beqa Lagoon Snorkel Tour with Sea Fiji Reefs – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Pacific Harbour Shark Dive with Aqua-Trek – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Fishing Charter with Hidden Gem Fiji – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Fishing Charter with Reel Game Fiji – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Fishing Charter with Sigatoka Fishing Charters – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Fishing Charter with PJ’s Sailing Adventures – Viator/Tripadvisor
- Cloud 9 Floating Bar Day Trip with Cloud 9 – Viator/Tripadvisor
For more cruises like these, see our 10 Best Wildlife Cruises in Fiji.
More About Boat Tours in Fiji
That’s it for the best boat tours in Fiji. Discover more amazing experiences in the 101 Things to Do in Fiji. Plus, get even more tips from The Complete Travel Guide to Fiji.