The Ultimate Guide to Skydiving in Fiji
Freefall at 200km/h from up to 14,000ft over the breathtaking islands of Fiji. That’s right, Fiji is home to two skydiving companies that offer incredible adrenaline experiences. Both give you a birds-eye view of the scattering of beach-fringed islands in the Mamanuca Group as you parachute down to your drop zone in Denarau. Do you think you’re ready for the challenge? Find out more about skydiving in Fiji in this guide.
And for more adrenaline kicks, check out the 10 Epic Adrenaline Activities in Fiji and add more to the bucket list using the 101 Things to Do in Fiji.
What You Need to Know About Skydiving in Fiji
- Allow around two to three hours for the complete skydiving experience, bearing in mind that you’ll need to do a safety briefing, get geared up and get your photo/video package.
- Scenic flights to the skydiving height can take 15 to 25 minutes depending on the freefall height you have chosen
- Children as young as seven can skydive in Fiji but people under 18 years old must have parental consent
- Wear comfortable clothing and closed shoes or trainers/sneakers
- You’ll be asked to take off jewellery, so leave those at your accommodation if you prefer
- If you have long hair, bring a hair tie!
Skydive with the originals with Skydive Fiji! They offer skydives from three exciting heights, 10,000ft, 12,000ft and 14,000ft, giving you options to freefall for longer or stick to your budget.
Their main drop zone is Denarau but can organise dropzones on a couple of the islands in the Mamanuca Group with a little bit of forward planning.
Photo and video packages are available. Check out each of the below experiences on Viator. Alternatively, these jumps can be booked on Tripadvisor here.
- Radical – 10,000ft/30 second freefall
- Extreme – 12,000ft/45 seconds freefall
- Legend – 14,000ft/70 seconds freefall
Location: Denarau Island on Viti Levu. Pick-ups are available from Nadi and Denarau. They also offer skydives from Malolo Lailai Island and Mana Island in the Mamanuca Islands for an extra cost.
Free Fall Fiji
Join Free Fall Fiji for your tandem skydive in Fiji! Based in Denarau, jumpers are treated to refreshments while getting a full safety briefing at the Denarau Golf & Racquet Club before being transported by van (or helicopter) to Nadi Airport. There, you’ll fly to heights of either 10,000ft or 14,000ft over Denarau and the Mamanuca Islands.
USB photo and video packages are available.
- Thrill Seeker – 10,000ft 30 seconds freefall
- Extreme – 14,000ft 70 seconds freefall
- Ultimate Rush – 14,000ft 70 seconds freefall plus helicopter transfer between Denarau and Nadi
Location: Denarau Island (Denarau Golf & Racquet Club) on Viti Levu. Pick-ups are available from Nadi and Denarau. After a briefing and refreshments in Denarau, you’ll be transferred to Nadi Airport where the skydive plane takes off.
Which Height to Skydive From?
As you can see, the skydiving companies in Fiji offer different heights to skydive from, from 10,000ft to 14,000ft. Is there really a difference?
As the Fiji Pocket Guide team have done multiple skydives from various heights, we can give an informed opinion that the experience isn’t all too different between one height and the other. It’s still an adrenaline rush with sensational views no matter what height you choose. We feel that you only start appreciating the freefalling seconds after your first skydive – so if you’re new to skydiving, it might be worth saving your money and freefalling from a lower height. Nevertheless, if you have a “go big or go home” mantra or have done a skydive before, then the higher the better.
For more ways to experience Fiji from the skies, see The Adventure Guide to Fiji.