Daily Spending Money for Fiji
So you’ve got your accommodation booked, you’re flights are sorted, you might have got yourself some travel insurance, but how much money are you going to spend once you are in Fiji? In this guide, we go over the average daily costs for food, activities and transport in Fiji. That way, you’ll have a good idea of how much spending money you need for Fiji!
For those of you who want to budget for accommodation too, see What is the Cost of Travelling in Fiji?
Average Daily Spending Budget for Fiji
Here are a few averages for a daily budget for Fiji. This includes food, transport and takes into account that you might do one activity each day. Each price is per person per day.
- Budget daily budget: FJ$150
- Mid-range daily budget: FJ$300
- Luxury daily budget: FJ$500+
How Much Money Do You Need for a Food & Drink in Fiji?
Daily budget for food and drink: FJ$85
When it comes to food, we all have our preferences. Food prices vastly differ between the main island and the outer islands, city restaurants and resort restaurants, and eating out and making your own meals. Check out the prices below so that you can get a better idea of your food budget based on the sort of meals/food shopping you’re likely to do. For more food prices, see What is the Cost of Food in Fiji?
Restaurant Prices in Fiji
- Indian & Chinese restaurant mains – FJ$6-$15
- Restaurant mains – FJ$20-$30
- Restaurant breakfast meals – FJ$6-$15
- Resort breakfasts – Free
- Resort lunch meals – FJ$16-$25
- Resort restaurant mains – FJ$25-$70
- Resort meal plans/day – FJ$58-$250
Restaurant Drink Prices
- Bottle of water – FJ$1.60-$4
- Bottle of wine – FJ$15-$30
- Pint of beer – FJ$4-$8
- Cocktail – FJ$10.50-$30
Supermarket Food Prices
- Milk (1 litre/35 ounces) – FJ$2.90-$3.90
- A loaf of bread – FJ$1.20-$1.60
- Rice (1kg/2.2 pounds) – FJ$1.50-$2.30
- Pasta (500g/1.1 pounds) – FJ$7.49-$8
- 12 eggs – FJ$5.50
- Cheese (1kg/2.2pounds) – FJ$21
- Bottled water (1.5l/53 ounces) – FJ$3
- Chicken breast (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$21
- Beef (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$23
- Bananas (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$4
- Tomato (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$10
- Onion (1kg/2.2 ounces) – FJ$2.50
- Pack of cookies (200g/7 ounces) – FJ$2.40
- Soft drink (600ml) – FJ$2.10-$3.10
- Beer (750ml) – FJ$4.75-$5
- Wine – FJ$15-$30
- RTD (440ml) – FJ$2.60-$5
- Coffee granules (50g) – FJ$4.90-$10
- Tea Bags (50 bags) – FJ$3.75-$5
Learn more about buying food in Fiji in Where to Buy Food in Fiji.
How Much Money Do You Need for Activities in Fiji?
Daily budget for activities for:
- Budget traveller: FJ$40-$70
- Mid-range traveller: FJ$100
- Luxury traveller: FJ$200+
This is where traveller’s budgets differ the most. While you could spend your whole time in Fiji doing free activities, it’s also easy for the activity costs to climbs with scuba diving, skydiving, day cruises and spa days on offer.
Those staying at resorts will often find that many activities are “free”, i.e. they are included in the price of your accommodation. Doing a mix of free activities and a few paid activities is a good way to stick to the budgets listed above.
Resort Activity Prices
Typically, these are the activities you can do for free when staying at resorts:
- Kayaking – Free
- Snorkelling – Free
- Stand-up paddleboarding – Free
- Cultural crafting lesson – Free
- Crab racing – Free
- Beach volleyball – Free
- Hiking – Free
- Swimming pool – Free
Water Activity Prices
- Day cruise – FJ$150-$250
- Swim with sharks – FJ$200-250
- Shared half-day fishing charter – FJ$360-$500
- Snorkel tour – FJ$70-$120
- Two Tank Scuba Dive – FJ$280-$320
Adventure Activity Prices
- River tubing – FJ$190
- Cultural night tour – FJ$160
- Beach horse riding – FJ$190
- Half-day zipline tour (transfer included) – FJ$260
- Jet boat safari – FJ$280
- Skydive – FJ$850
Land Activity Prices
- Mud pool tour (transfer included) – FJ$180
- Nadi city tour – FJ$90-$110
- Massage – FJ$60-$180
Cultural Activity Prices
- Cooking class – FJ$190
- Cultural village tour (transfer included) – FJ$225
- Kula Eco Park admission – FJ$50
Luxury Activity Prices
- 45min helicopter scenic flight – FJ$580
- Seaplane day tour – FJ$920-$1500
- Private taxi driver/day – FJ$150
How Much Money Do You Need for Transport in Fiji?
Travellers’ budgets also greatly vary when it comes to transport. Those sticking to the mainland will find cheaper transport costs than those doing some island-hopping. With that said, some travellers prefer to do an itinerary around Fiji, while others prefer to lounge in their resort all day – the latter being the obvious cheap option.
It’s best to check out the prices for the specific route you are taking. Nevertheless, here are some ballpark figures for how much transport costs in Fiji.
Boat & Ferry Prices
- Ferries to the Mamanuca/Yasawa Islands (one way) – FJ$80-$135
- Water taxis to the Mamanuca/Yasawa Islands (one way) – FJ$575-$9,618
- Cargo ferries to other outer islands (one way) – FJ$25-68
Get more prices in How Much Do Water Taxis & Ferries Cost in Fiji?
Domestic Flight Prices
- Flights to outer islands (one way) – FJ$92-$600
Road Transport Prices
- Public buses – FJ$1-$5
- Express buses (Nadi to Suva) – FJ$20-$30
- Multi-day tour bus – FJ$780
- Private resort transfer – FJ$50-$200
- Car rental/day – FJ$180
- Taxi (20 minutes) – FJ$30
See a few examples of taxi prices in How Much Does a Nadi Airport Taxi Cost?