7-Day Family Itinerary for Fiji
Want to see more of Fiji than the average family? Want to show your kids the variety these amazing islands have to offer, from remote villages to sublime coast? We’ve worked out an itinerary that not only captures a variety of experiences in Fiji, but that’s easy enough to do with younger children. Of course, island-hopping comes with pricey associated costs, so we’ve made sure to keep this itinerary to the mainland of Fiji, Viti Levu, where you and your family can rent a car or even take the bus and enjoy Fiji at your pace. In short, this Fiji family itinerary: 7 days takes you from Nadi along the south coast of Viti Levu to Suva with a scenic flight returning to Nadi International Airport. We’ve also made sure to pack this itinerary with family resorts and activities that kids love.
For a more chilled itinerary with less travel, see What to Do for 7 Days in Fiji on a Family Vacation TI059.
How to Get Around Fiji in 7 Days
The itinerary below sticks to Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu, where the road network is extensive. Here are some of your options for road transport on Viti Levu.
Renting a Car in Fiji
Giving you the most freedom to do all the activities mentioned in this itinerary, renting a car in Fiji is a good way to achieve a holiday on the go. Although more expensive than taking the bus (see below), rental cars provide ultimate convenience. Check out The Best Car Rentals in Fiji to see some great options from Nadi, some of which allow you to drop off the car rental in Suva.
Taking Public Transport to Travel Fiji in 7 Days
All the destinations mentioned on the itinerary below are connected by local buses and express buses. This is by far the cheapest option for getting around Fiji and allows travellers to see Fiji like a local. Once you arrive at a destination, you can get around using taxis and resort transfer services. Learn more about Public Transport in Fiji here.
For more options for getting to each destination on this itinerary, see:
Day 1 – Nadi
Nadi is your arrival city in Fiji and one of the biggest tourist towns on the islands! Needless to say, there’s a wide range of things to do with children, from ziplining through lush tropical rainforest to covering yourself in therapeutic mud at the Sabeto Hot Springs – just about the only time you’ll want your kids looking this dirty! As for accommodation, Nadi is alive with hotels and resorts offering facilities, such as swimming pools and kids’ clubs. So there’s even the opportunity to relax on your first day should you want to immediately transition into “Fiji time“… Get more inspiration for how to make the most of your time here with The Guide to Nadi for Families.
Things to Do in Nadi with Kids
- Zip through a tropical rainforest on a zipline course
- Spend the day slipping and sliding at the Big Bula Waterpark (more info on Viator and Tripadvisor)
- Get muddy and relax at the hot pools at the Sabeto Hot Springs
- Follow the walking trails through the Garden of the Sleeping Giant
- Take an island day cruise to the Mamanuca Islands – check out 10 Best Day Cruises in Fiji for details.
For more information on each activity, as well as more suggestions, see 10 Things to Do in Nadi with Kids.
Family Accommodation in Nadi
- Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay (kids club available)
- First Landing Resort (kids club available)
- DoubleTree Resort by Hilton – Sonaisali Island (kids club available)
- Club Fiji Resort
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Tanoa Skylodge Hotel
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Grand West’s Villas
- Bayview Cove Resort
- Nadi Nalagi Hotel
For more details on our top picks, see 10 Best Family Resorts in Nadi.
Day 2 – Nadi to the Coral Coast
Drive time: 1-2 hours depending on which accommodation you choose
It’s now time to hit the road and discover Fiji’s breathtaking coastlines and inland adventures. The first stop is the Coral Coast, one of the most popular regions for family getaways. The resorts here are fabulous for kids, providing a wide range of family-friendly activities, as well as kids’ clubs should your kids want a break from mum and dad (or vice versa – hehe). And don’t worry, you have plenty of time to try a few activities here, as you have more time on this itinerary to enjoy the Coral Coast tomorrow.
Things to Do on the Coral Coast with Kids
- See tropical wildlife, play on the waterslides or be a “ranger for the day” at the Kula Wild Adventure Park (more info on Viator and Tripadvisor)
- Go horse trekking on Natadola Beach
- Jump on a jet boat tour with Sigatoka River Safaris to remote villages among amazing scenery (on Viator and Tripadvisor)
- Treat the kids to a PADI Bubblemaker scuba diving lesson for ages 8 and above
- Join a workshop to create your own glass souvenirs at Hot Glass Fiji.
Check out 10 Things to Do on the Coral Coast with Kids for more ideas.
Family Accommodation on the Coral Coast
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa (kids club available)
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort (kids club available)
- The Naviti Resort (kids club available)
- The Warwick Fiji (kids club available)
- Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa (kids club available)
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa (kids club available)
- Gecko’s Resort
- Blue West Villas
- Coral Coast Beachfront Villa (holiday home)
- Mango Bay Resort
Learn more about our recommendations 10 Best Family-Friendly Resorts on the Coral Coast.
Day 3 – Coral Coast
There is so much to do on the Coral Coast that spending an extra day here is a must! If your kids are older, how about a walk in the fascinating Sigatoka Sand Dunes National Park, Fiji’s first national park? Alternatively, there’s an amazing waterfall to discover at Biausevu Village where you can go for a refreshing dip in the swimming hole below the falls. And if that’s not enough, head to The Guide to the Coral Coast for Families for more inspiration.
Day 4 – Coral Coast to the Pacific Harbour
Drive time: 1-2 hours depending on which accommodation you choose
The Pacific Harbour is “Adventure Capital”. Among some of the more crazy activities, such as shark diving, there are adventure activities certainly suitable for older children. The Navua River winding inland from the Pacific Harbour is a natural playground and the base for jet boating tours, white water rafting and river tubing! If your kids have a sense of adventure then they’re sure to love this part of Fiji. Otherwise, catching a cultural show at the Arts Village or simply relaxing at the beach are other ways to enjoy the Pacific Harbour.
Things to Do on the Pacific Harbour with Kids
- Enjoy sensational snorkelling at the Beqa Lagoon
- Go river tubing (rafting in an inflatable ring) on the Navua River
- See a cultural show in a “theme park” style at the Arts Village
- Try grade 1-3 white water rafting on the Navua River (suitable for ages 8 years+)
- Swim and beachcomb at Debua Beach and at the beach resorts.
How about more activities in 10 Things to Do on the Pacific Harbour with Kids?
Family Accommodation on the Pacific Harbour
- Nanuku Auberge Resort (kids club available)
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Beqa Lagoon Resort
- ULTIQA Fiji Palms Resort
- Club Oceanus Resort
See more family-friendly accommodations in our 8 Best Family-Friendly Resorts on the Pacific Harbour & Beqa.
Day 5 – Pacific Harbour
We get it, one day is not enough in the Pacific Harbour. Either take the time to relax with the family or try one of the activities you might have missed yesterday. Plus, if you missed out on ziplining in Nadi, then you have another opportunity with Zip Fiji to fly through a beautiful conservation reserve here (more info on Viator and Tripadvisor). For those staying at one of the resorts, don’t miss a cultural show known as a “meke” which is a captivating show the kids are sure to remember for a long time.
See more ways to fill your day in Guide to the Pacific Harbour & Beqa for Families.
Day 6 – Pacific Harbour to Suva
Drive time: 1 hour
Add a bit of city culture and change of pace to your Fiji holiday with day six of your getaway in Suva. The city is awash with souvenir shops, eateries and some amazing markets to mingle with the locals. To keep the kids happy (and educated), there’s the Fiji Museum or stop by Orchid Island on your way into Suva. This cultural centre is an affordable activity with Fijian crafting demonstrations, interesting Fijian native plants and wildlife. Find out more about how to spend your time in the capital with The Guide to Suva for Families.
Things to Do in Suva with Kids
- Walk through the rainforest trails to waterfalls in the Colo-i-Suva Forest Park
- Learn something new at Orchid Island culture centre
- See ancient South Pacific artefacts at the Fiji Museum
- Play in the playground, have a picnic and build sandcastles at My Suva Park
- Check out the Suva Municipal Market and meet the friendly locals.
And for more ideas, check out 10 Things to Do in Suva With Kids.
Family Accommodation in Suva
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Victoria Palms Hotel
- Novotel Suva Lami Bay
- Suva Motor Inn
- Quest Suva
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Colo-i-Suva Rainforest Eco Resort
- Suva Hideaway Villa
- Elixir Hotel & Serviced Apartments
- Capricorn Apartment Hotel
For more information on our recommended accommodations, take a look at the 10 Family Accommodation in Suva.
Day 7 – Suva to Nadi International Airport
Drive/flight time: 40 minutes/35 minutes
Don’t get the holiday blues just yet as you’re about to enjoy a scenic flight across the interior of Viti Levu. After making your way to Nausori Airport from Suva, you’ll have a quick flight back to Nadi International Airport where you can catch your connecting flight back home or wherever your next destination may be!
More Advice for a Fiji Family Itinerary for 7 Days
- Why Do Kids Love Fiji?
- 29 Essential Tips for Travelling to Fiji With Children
- 5 Best Environmentally-Friendly Sunscreen for Kids and Babies
That’s it for this Fiji family itinerary for 7 days (one week). Get even more one-week trip plans in The Best Fiji Itineraries for 1 Week.